Men can be chocolate cake (or cookies, ice cream, pie, you get my drift.) You can’t just eat a baby piece and be satisfied. You just want to keep eating until you are satisfied but once you realize that you have eaten the whole cake, you begin to regret it.
Women have this problem with men because they have the tendency to smother the one they love. With enough smothering you realize maybe it would have been better to eat a box of cookies and go to the gym to work off the calories.
Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.
5 Signs You Are Smothering Him
In this case, you would have been able to put some distance between the two of you. If you want to keep the love of your life loving you, then be careful of these 5 signs you are smothering him:
- Going Out: Do you notice that your boyfriend has gotten incredibly busy lately without any major life changes? Talking on the phone, on the internet and spending all of his free time with you might be just peachy for you but he might have other things on his mind. This doesn’t mean that he doesn’t love you, just that he wants to hang out with his friends, play golf or just give him space to appreciate you. You do not have to spend every waking moment with him.
- Walking Away: While you are out together, is he the first one to offer to get people drinks? Go to the bathroom frequently? Or any other reason to walk away from you. Once again, he wants to socialize and show off the woman he loves and admire her from a distance. He can’t do any of these things if you cling on to him all night long. It might even be good for you to make some new friends and get your mind off of your boyfriend.
- Stops Communicating: If you obsessively call, text and email don’t be surprised that he just stops answering. Then come the lies like “I left my phone at home,” “My sister was on my computer” and “Really, you texted me? My service has been really weird lately.”
- Frustration and Fights: What happened to the incredible patience that your boyfriend used to have? You wasted it about 40 texts ago. The more you close your man off, the more frustrated he becomes and as a result you end up fighting. Men need to be aired out. You can take them out for a while and then you have to leave them alone for a while.
- The Break Up: The final sign that you are smothering your boyfriend is when he breaks up with you. There is only so much a man can take. You can try to win him back with promises that you will give up your smothering ways but it may be too late.
There is always smothering in a relationship. If you notice that your relationship is suffering from a few of these signs, don’t wait until the last moment when your man breaks up with you because you have been smothering him.
Just because you do not spend every moment together, it doesn’t mean that he loves you less. Let him go and you will see that he ends up loving you more.
Guest Author Bio:
This is a guest post contributed by Allison Schleck, a featured writer for Online Dating Sites. Allison is a well-accomplished bilingual writer for magazines, websites and newspapers who teaches Karate Do on her down time.